A Beautiful Poisen-latest oil painting

My latest oil painting  entitled,  "A Beautiful Poison" oil and egg tempera on masonite, approx. (16"x20").  This piece was inspired by a sad personal event in my life some years ago, and the image of  a sleeping bird, half dead/asleep came up and then I eventually combined it with the poppies, which are symbolic of sleep/death....as they languish there, there is the realization that everyone can become a slave to their poison, which can be anything in life-drugs.sex.power.food.money.,etc...it is so alluring that it is so easy to become blissfully unaware of the true state of your addiction.

Comments

  1. Wow. I so know that place. This picture certainly speaks to that state of being. Your work is EXACTLY what I love and if I could paint this is how I would paint! I envy your ability and wish I had you here as my personal artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words...I am touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (this is from a friend that was unable to post this due to technical difficulties..-Thank you again!)

    "thank you - poppies have a special symbolic meaning in my life as well as hummingbird. And yes while sad - beautifully compelling painting my dear! It captures such deep dark emotions and does so lovingly too.

    such a lesson..."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exiguus Ovum (Small Egg) Mische Technique Painting Video