The Sting of Inspiration





I just about finished this watercolor, which was arduous, because of the honeycomb head, which I had to redraw over and over again because I am totally hopeless at straight lines and consistency because as soon as I thought I had the pattern going the shapes would start to get out of whack.  I furthermore appreciate the genius of bees, because each honeycomb is always  perfect and even. My husband says the queen must know calculus, possibly even trig or some other high mathematics...
    I used Daniel Smith watercolors, especially lapis lazuli blue for the sky, this is from their Prima Tek series made from earth minerals.  This creates the granulated effects, which are tricky to control sometime but the spontaneity and texture that can be produced is unpredictable but, interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Poisen-latest oil painting

Exiguus Ovum (Small Egg) Mische Technique Painting Video