Exiguus Ovum (Small Egg) Mische Technique Painting Video

Here are some pictures from a small scale painting I am creating, done in the mische technique.From sketch to finish!
  • "Exiguus Ovum" oil/egg tempera on Masonite Dimensions: 3" x 3" 06/2015
  •  

"Exiguus Ovum" is a journalistic piece that tries to capture what I was experiencing during a traumatic time in my life due to anxieties and fears stemming from an upcoming transition.  It left me kind of stripped bare to the bone-the very foundation of my being, which is why the figure is a skeleton.  Standing in the midst of an uncertain terrain with bloodshot eyes heavily watching over, the figure presents the golden egg; a treasure found on this treacherous solitary journey symbolizing genuine attainment of knowledge of the true inner Self.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Beautiful Poisen-latest oil painting